Thursday, May 6, 2010

Um long time no post...

Geeze I can not believe that is has been nine months since I have posted a new blog... My only excuse is that being a new mommy is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Not to mention some pretty difficult things happened after Ben was born... I went into to a deep depression and cut myself off from the world. Probably not the best thing to do, but I thought that it was going to help me. I feel like I am starting to get back to my normal self now... I know I still have a little ways to go until I can say that I am fully myself again, but I feel like starting my blog back up is a step in the right direction. So how do you sum up 9 months. Well lets start with Ben... Ben is amazing; he is the joy of my life. I seriously don't know how I ever lived with out him! He is growing so fast, everyday he seems to change and grow. He just recently got his first tooth! I didn't think he could get any cuter but I was wrong when he smiles now and I see that little tooth it just makes my day. It is SO darn cute! He is so mobile now, he wants to walk so bad. So of course he is a little dare devil and falls a lot. I can't believe he is going to be one in two months! This past year has gone by so fast, I wish there was a way I could slow it down! As for me I am ok, I am exhausted 99% of the time! I work nights at a nursing home as a CNA I do 12 hour shifts. It is exhausting work! Not to mention when you work at night (or at least this is how it is for me) you don't get much sleep during the day. My mom has been my life savor and watches Ben for me so I can get at least five hours of sleep before I have to go back to work. But I can't bug her all the time so some days I up for 32 hours before I get sleep! Like Monday for example I was up for 31 hours before I was able to get some sleep. I honestly don't know how much longer I am going to be able to physically do this. I keep praying and hoping that my husband will be able to find a better job so that I can stop working nights and just got to part time. I also just found out that I have been accepted into the a nursing program. So we can only hope and pray that my husband can find a better job soon because once I start nursing school I am not going to be able to work full time or nights anymore. I am pretty scared to be honest. I have wanted to be a nurse for a very long time, I know that if this is what God wants for me that I will be able to go to school and still be able to pay all of our bills. Well I think that has it for now, I will post again soon.

Always,
Trista

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Trista,
I've been wondering what happened to you? It seems like a lot of the mommies from the bump who had pregnancy blogs kinda of dissappeared once their kiddos were born.

I definitely understand why you stopped posting. That is alot to go through on top of being a new mom. I'm so sorry that it happened. Were you diagnosed with PPD?

Your schedule seems crazy with work and everything, I don't think I would be able to handle what you do. I will be praying for God to bring your DH a new job so you can go back to school and work part-time. God can do anything!

I've been following your blog since the tri boards on the bump. We were due around the same time and I remember when you told us your water broke in Olive Garden!

I look forward to more posts from you soon! I hope you post new pictures of Ben too!

Julybride_07 said...

Stephanie- I was never diagnosed with PPD. I am sure that if I had actually gone to a doctor they probably would have diagnosed me with it. Thank you for the prayers they are most appreciated!!