Friday, January 23, 2009

NT Scan Results

I FINALLY got the results of our NT scan back today. They ended up having to do the blood test twice, cuz one of the tests they were doing the sample didn't have enough blood. ~Anyways~ They said that everything looked very good, and that is was all within the normal ranges. Our number for downs are 1 in 7,807, and for trisomy 18 and 13 it is 1 in 41,561! I am so thankful that everything turned out ok. I don't know if any of you knew this, but I am adopted. Therefore when it comes to my medical background I really am in the dark, that is why I am so glad my OB did this test! I am so grateful to God that everything is ok!

On another note, I have my 15 week check up on Monday! Holy Crap I am 15 weeks!!! My tummy is starting to get hard, and is starting to form a itty bitty baby bump. I am still having a hard time finding maternity jeans that actually fit me. I mean I can find jeans that fit me fine in the waist, but they are HUGE when it comes to my legs and my butt. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and pay $60 for the pair of maternity jeans that actually fit me really well. ::sigh:: the most I wanted to spend on mat jeans was $30 spending $60 just seems too much for me. But I do not want to spend this entire pregnancy looking like I have a sack of poo in the pants... LOL that is what it looks like right now cuz my damn jeans are just so big on me. I am so excited, that in 5 weeks I will know what I am having! Did I mention that I turn 20 weeks on my 23rd B-day! That's right as of right now my BIG u/s is on my b-day! I can't wait! Also I finally got the CNA board to reschedule my testing! So on Feb 21st I will go take the written and skills exam for my CNA certification! Hopefully (if I pass) I can start working in a hospital soon!! I am SO excited!! Today was a pretty good day!!!

4 comments:

aLLie said...

wooohooooI say just bite the bullet and buy the $60 pants cause you'll wear them the whole pregnancy and be comfy and then you'll wear them for a little bit as your weight goes back down PP!

I'm so happy to hear everything's going so well!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is looking good! We need some belly shots now! :)

Cara said...

Have you tried the Bella Band? I heard it works great for pants! Good luck and thanks for the update!

gee said...

Glad to hear that your test came back normal. I haven't bought any mat. jeans only a couple of blouses. I did get some hand me downs mat jeans from my cousin. I use the belly band to hold up ones that still fit me a little big.