Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Wow, Thanksgiving was awesome. I woke up at 5 cuz I was hungry, I tried to go back to sleep after I ate but I couldn't. So I finally got out of bed at 7:30ish, I finished up some cleaning and started making cinnamon rolls (a tradition that we always do). My sis got there at about 9 so we started on the stuffing, and than we had to make a quick grocery run. I was surprised to see as many people as I did at the grocery store on T-day. When we got back we were able to start on the turkey. We didn't get the turkey in though until almost 11, yikes! My MIL showed up around 12 and that was nice to have some extra help. The turkey we knew wasn't going to be done till around 2:30ish, so we ended up having to cook the ham in the toaster oven LOL. It actually worked we didn't think it was going to but it sure did! Dinner was served around 4 just an hour later than we had originally planned for. Everyone had only started showing up around two. It was really nice to host Thanksgiving, 90% of the people there had never seen our house before so that was a lot of fun. DH and I had planned on telling the rest of the family on Thanksgiving that we were pregnant. So once everyone had gotten their food and was eating, DH stood up and told everyone I have an announce to make. Of course some people in the room already knew, and their faces were funny cuz they were trying not to smile and give it away. But he told everyone "I just wanted you all to know that I am going to be a daddy" and everyone in the room starting cheering. It was the best reaction we have gotten so far! DH's Grandma was so happy she even started to cry! It was so cute, and sweet! We passed around the pick of our first ultrasound, of course it was a just little blob people were looking at but still we wanted to show them. After we told everyone, some people started saying stuff like I thought you looked a little sick when we first showed up, LOL. I was sick, but man I tried my hardest to hide it. After we told everyone though I just let it all go, and I did not feel good at all. I had to go lay down, for a little bit. But overall, yesterday was an amazing day and even though I am exhausted, I can't wait to host another holiday!

On a baby note, I am 7 weeks today!! YAY baby, mommy and daddy are so proud of you, you really have made it a long way! Daddy is so excited to see on Monday for the first time! I hope that we see everything is ok and that you are still growing strong! You have so many people in the world who can't wait to meet you! We love you so much baby! Hang in there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay what a wonderful day!! 7 weeks already, wow!! I cant wait to see more U/S pics!!

Sarah said...

Awesome! I can't believe you're 7 weeks! I can't wait to have a U/S and see my own little blob! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. :)

gee said...

I'm so glad to hear that your Thanksgiving Day was great, especially with the baby news!
Before you know it you'll be at the end of your pregnancy and you'll be holding your precious baby.

Cara said...

Congrats on 7 weeks!! Glad everything went well!