Thursday, March 12, 2009

Follow up from Labor and Delivery

So I had my follow up today. It went well! When I told her that the different doc had gone from magnesium sulfate to just ibuprofen and percocet she looked SO confused. Her first question was "well were you in pain?" 'In honesty I was not in much "pain", only a hand full of the contractions hurt. When I told her this she looked even more confused. She did an ultrasound and measured my cervix. My cervix had not changed in length from my BIG u/s (PRAISE GOD!); so she said that she wanted me to still take it very easy. And yes if I indeed was feeling the contractions again to take the procardia NOT TYLENOL!!! Ugh she IF I feel up to it I can go back to work next week, since all I do is sit in a chair and I don't do much walking and I don't do any lifting. I have an appointment in two weeks she will measure my cervix again to make sure that nothing has changed. She said that yes I was indeed having contractions over the weekend but the good thing is that the contractions never changed the length of my cervix. I am so thankful for this. I told her that I am still getting really tight every once in a while especially when I get up to go to the bathroom or get something to eat. I told her that my uterus just tenses up whenever I get up, she said it may just be that I have a very sensitive and irritable uterus; but she told me to still pay very close attention to this. That if anything starts to feel out of the ordinary again, or of course they become really close or really strong again to call. I feel somewhat better after this follow up appointment; but I will be honest I am still very worried just because my uterus is still so irritable and because of all of this pelvic pressure. I am putting all of my worries and fear in God's hands. I just need to trust in him, and I need to relax. So for now that is what I am going to do. My husband and I greatly appreciate all of the prayers that are still being said!

5 comments:

shotzie said...

I'm glad your follow up went well today! I mentioned your trips to L&D in the TTC Prayer Group post today (I hope you don't mind). I thought it'd be good so the girls could be praying for you too.

I hope things continue to settle down and the contractions don't start up again.

gee said...

Glad to hear that it well. I was kind of in the same boat as you, but without the trip to L&D. I was having such bad pelvic pressure Sun. and Tues., but now it's been better.

Continue to rest and take it easy. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs.Andreazza said...

So glad to hear that things are settling down and that everything is looking up. Please take it easy and don't go back to work if you don't have to!! My SIL had similar issues with everytime she would get up her uterus would tense. She stayed on bed rest for the final 6 weeks and had a beautiful baby girl last December.

Suzanne said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going better. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs.F said...

I'm praying for you!! I'm glad everything is going well now... how scary to be in that situation!