Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Labor and Delivery Round 2

When I got home Saturday night I was fine for the first two hours. When midnight came around which was time for me to take another pill, I had four contractions in twenty minutes. I called the on call doc she wanted me to wait and see if the pill would stop them. Which when it finally got through my digestive system it did. Well when 6 am came around which was time for me to take another pill I started having contractions agian. This time the pill did not stop them so I called the on call doc and she told me to go back to labor and delivery. When I get there they hook me up to the monitors and I am having contractions again. So the doctor decides to start me on a IV medicine. Magnesium Sulfate... OMG this stuff makes you feel like crap. That is what it is suppose to do but man it was rough. The first dose they give you is very concentrated it makes your whole body feel like you are on fire! What it does is it lowers your bodies core temperature. So it basically has the opposite effect as a fever does. With a fever you get the chills, when your core temp is lowered you feel hot. I am not joking you when I say you feel like your whole body is on fire! I had cold rags every where on me. On my forehead, my chest, my stomach, under my armpits. The other thing that stinks about this stuff is that you can not eat while you are one it. I was SO hungry! I had to have a catheter because this stuff makes you not really have a lot of control when you walk. It also naturally lowers your blood pressure. So you have to be monitored very closely. Anyways the magnesium was working, I was still having some contractions but not as many as I was before. I had been on the IV solution for about 14 hours. Around 10:30pm, all of sudden I felt like I was going to puke, than all of sudden I felt like I needed to poop.. Than I got very weak a couldn't move, my mom got scared and pushed the button for nurse right as the heart monitor alarm started going off. Ten seconds later a nurse was in my room to check on me, after this I don't remember much, it was all a blur. My mom says that the nurse called for the doctor, the doctor came in and my BP had dropped to 50/20! She called for the another doctor all of a sudden there were four nurses and two doctors in my room. All kinds of alarms were going off, my mom said that my husband just froze and his eyes got really big. The gave me a shot that got my heart beating really fast and decided to take me off of the magnesium for a bit. The put a mask of O2 on me and for about an hour I just had to relax. So around midnight they put me back on the magnesium cuz my contractions had started up again. I didn't sleep very well the first night because I was uncomfortable from how hot I was, I was starving, and the catheter is really uncomfortable as well. Well around 6:30 am they decided to take me off of the magnesium because my BP keep bottoming out. So the decided they would monitor me for the day and see how I did (contraction wise) with no meds. I did kinda ok, but I was still having a lot of irritability on my monitors and contractions every once in a while. Well the on call doc who had been there all weekend had gone home and another doctor came on. I had seen this doc before and I DID NOT like him. Well he comes in and starts telling me that he is going to put me on percocet and ibuprofen for the night and see if that will get my contractions to completely stop. This made NO SENSE to me! The doc who I had before had told me that once I had gotten off of the magnesium she would put me back on the pills they had sent me home with and see if those would work this time. I was SO confused, he had no bed side manner and kept talking to me and my mom like we were idiots. So I didn't take the percocet or ibuprofen until about ten. This stuff knocked me out so I was actually able to sleep that night. The monitors were still showing irritability in the morning but they decided that I was ok to go home. This doc sent me home and told me to take Tylenol if I was starting to feel pelvic pressure, he didn't want me to take any of the stuff that I was sent home with the first time. I am still SO confused! I still have a ton of pelvic pressure, and my uterus is still every once in a while getting really hard. So tomorrow I have a follow up, not with the doc I don't like, but with someone I do. So I am going to drill them with a million questions and see what they think about him sending me home with instructions to just take Tylenol. Hey maybe he is right and that is all I need but I want to here this from another doc not him. I am still so so scared that something is going to go wrong. I am SO thankful though that everything seems to be OK. God is so good, I could feel him with me through out this whole ordeal. I felt all of the prayers that were being said for my family while I was in the hospital! I am so thankful for everyone who prayed they really do help! I am on bed rest for the rest of the week, and at my follow up tomorrow I will be told how much longer I will be on bed rest for. DH is going OOT this weekend for business so my mom and sister will be here to help me. I am still pretty emotional, this has been a very exhausting experience! I cried so much in the hospital I tried to stay calm cuz I knew that getting all worked up wasn't going to help the situation but it is hard not to let your emotions get to you when you are going through something like that! I am so thankful that I had God to get me through this, I would not have been able to get through this with out him. Nor would I have been able to get through this if it wasn't for my family or my friends who prayed so much. I TRULY believe in the power of prayer and they were felt! I will continue to pray that God help me through the rest of this pregnancy, and I would really appreciate it if all of you kept praying too!

6 comments:

Mrs.Andreazza said...

My prayers are continuing to be with you and your baby!! Hopefully things will only get better from here.

Hay Hay said...

Gosh July, you've had a rough go of it! I was thinking about you these past few days, and will continue to keep you and baby July in my prayers!

Cara said...

I am SO sorry you had to go through that! I pray that you and baby are okay and that you will never have to go through that again! I can't imagine what that felt like going through such pain...thanks for updating us and we are praying for you!

*Mandy* said...

Wow July!! I am so sorry for what you have had to go through, I pray the next doctor you see gives you great information. You will continue to be in my prayers.

shotzie said...

I just got caught up on your blog. I'm so sorry you've been going through all this. I'll be praying that the contractions stop and the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful!

gee said...

Sorry to hear about this. I hope everything turns out well from here on. You'll be in my prayers.