Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Labor and Delivery Round 1

This all really started on Friday. I was having A LOT of pelvic pressure so I called the on call nurse at my doctors and asked them if this was normal. They said no and that they wanted to see me right away. So I went in she checked me and said my cervix still felt very long and closed. She told me to just take it easy this weekend and to double my water in take. So Saturday I get up to run just a few errands, go to the bank, and than to walmart to get some laundry detergent. When I got home I sat down to eat some breakfast and noticed that my stomach was getting tight. So I kept an eye on them at first they were twenty minutes apart. I wasn't too worried because I had been told that four contractions and hour were ok but anything more than four wasn't. Well all of a sudden my contractions went from twenty to two minutes. So I call the on call doc they tell me to go to labor and delivery. So we get to labor and they hook me up to the monitors, I am indeed having contractions every two minutes. Than it went to a minute apart. They gave me a shot of tributilane (sp?) that didn't stop them so they gave me another shot of tributilane(sp?). When that didn't work they gave me a pill call procardia (sp?). This stopped them they monitored me for two hours, than sent me home with a prescription for the procardia (sp?). This was a very scary day, I had no idea what tomorrow had in store for me...

No comments: